I am a licensed clinical social worker specializing in individual & couples therapy. I maintain a private practice in both Austin TX & New York, NY.
I specialize in work around trauma, anxiety, depression, relationships, life transitions, care-giving, inter-generational conflict, multicultural/cross-cultural issues, and adoption issues.
I believe the rapport that develops between therapist and client is key to an effective therapy. To this end, I am interactive and reflective in my approach and believe in sharing thoughts & insights with my clients. I provide support and practical feedback to help clients effectively address personal life challenges.
I utilize complementary methodologies and techniques to offer a highly personalized approach tailored to each client. I work with each individual to help them build on their strengths and attain the personal growth they are committed to accomplishing.
Education & Credentials
- Sarah Lawrence College, Bronxville, NY (B.A.)
- Columbia University School of Social Work, New York, NY (MSSW)
License, Certifications & Awards
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (NY & TX)
- Certificate in Psychoanalysis–Manhattan Institute for Psychoanalysis, Inc.
- Certificate in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy–Manhattan Institute for Psychoanalysis, Inc.
- Certificate: Mindfulness in Social Work Settings–Columbia University School of Social Work
- Trauma Treatment Center, Manhattan Institute for Psychoanalysis, Inc.
- Imago Couples Therapist, Training in progress
Professional Activities and Memberships
- Austin Mental Health Group (Just Minds)
- Manhattan Institute for Psychoanalysis, Inc.: Executive Committee, Peer Supervision group
- Austin Society for Psychoanalytic Psychology, Board Member
- American Association for Psychoanalysis in Clinical Social Work