I am a licensed clinical social worker specializing in individual & couples therapy. I maintain a private practice in both Austin TX & New York, NY. My areas of expertise include: Trauma/PTSD, depression, anxiety, family therapy, intergenerational conflict, multi-cultural/cross-cultural issues, and adoption issues.
I believe the rapport that develops between therapist and client is key to an effective therapy. To this end, I am interactive and reflective in my approach and believe in sharing thoughts & insights with my clients. I provide support and practical feedback to help clients effectively address personal life challenges. I integrate complementary methodologies and techniques to offer a highly personalized approach tailored to each client. With compassion and understanding, I work with each individual to help them build on their strengths and attain the personal growth they are committed to accomplishing.
- Sarah Lawrence College, Bronxville, NY (B.A.)
- Columbia University School of Social Work, New York, NY (MSSW)
License, Certifications & Awards
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (NY & TX)
- Five-Year Certificate in Psychoanalysis--Manhattan Institute for Psychoanalysis, Inc. (MIP)
- One-Year Certificate in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy (MIP)
- Certificate: Mindfulness in Social Work Settings (Columbia University School of Social Work)
- Trauma Treatment Center, (MIP)
Professional Activities and Memberships
- Austin Mental Health Group (Just Minds)
- Manhattan Institute for Psychoanalysis, Inc.: Executive Committee, Peer Supervision group
- Austin Society for Psychoanalytic Psychology
- American Association for Psychoanalysis in Clinical Social Work